Monday, November 23, 2009

Operation Christmas Child and Zumbatrine

Today I dropped off my boxes for Operation Christmas Child. Gaby and I had a great time putting the boxes together. We made two boxes for girls. We'll make boxes for boys next year. There are not that many cute things for boys out there. I mean, have you noticed when you go to a kids store that 3/4 of the store is for girls and a tiny little corner for boys. That's just not fair. They need to come out with a "Justice for Boys" store, :)


We tried to put as many things as possible in the boxes. Skorts, t-shirts, scarf, pencils, crayons, slinkys, erasers, socks, coloring books, dolls, jump ropes, headbands and candy.

Gaby wrote them a cute little card. I meant to scan them but I forgot.

After we finished putting the boxes together, we went to the kitchen and started making tacos for dinner. Gaby loves to have Chinese fortune cookies after dinner. So, he opened his cookie and it said, "If you continually give, you'll continually have." He was so excited to read that. He was like, "Isn't that what we just did? We'll always have because we are always giving." I thought that was cute. He has such a giving heart. I love my boy!

I also wanted to share with you my latest amigurumi inspiration.
This doll was inspired by one of my zumba instructor, Jatrine Bentsi-Enchill. She is an amazing woman. You can learn more about her here. Jatrine said she was going to take a picture of her and the doll wearing the same outfit. I'll post a picture of them together once I get it. You can always find more pictures of the doll on my FB fan page.

4 comments:

  1. Can't believe how many things you packed in your boxes. This year I did a boy and girl box. It really is fun to put them together. Did you know that if you go to the Samaritan's Purse website, you can even get a pattern for a knitted puppet. There's also some very neat videos to watch. I watched one which was filmed in Panama.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I watched some of the videos online and I also showed them to Gaby. It is inspiring! I might go on Monday night to the OCC processing center to help with the boxes if I find a ride. I don't like driving at night, :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the doll! And great job making the packages :)

    ReplyDelete