Sunday, January 2, 2011

Welcome 2011!!!

Wishing everyone a wonderful 2011!!! The year 2010 was one of the most challenging years for me. Still, I'm not complaining. Those challenges are what make life interesting :-) They help us grow and look at things from a different perspective. I am so looking forward to the challenges and opportunities that 2011 has to bring. For some reason, I'm really excited about this year!!!!!

This past year, we were lucky to have a white Christmas! My son was in heaven!!!

No major New Year's resolutions as those tend to disappear so fast :-) My goal for this year is to "Make Someday TODAY!" and take action. That will take care of everything. I need to stop complaining about not having enough time. Let's just do it! That includes blogging more often :-)

This week I am taking time to make a few items and send them to Canada for an auction organized by Bamboletta Dolls to help baby Molly and her family. The story is heartbreaking. When I see things like that, I immediately want to do something about it. I know I can save the whole world, but ‎every little bit helps. "I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. What I can do, I should do and, with the help of God, I will do." - Edward Everett Hale So, if you would like to contribute any handmade item go to Bamboletta's page for more info. Or if you can make a monetary contribution, go to Molly's page.

I'm also taking time this week to be more active on my Etsy and Facebook fan page. I'll be listing some of the things I have left from my past show. A lot of super cute accessories. my pictures don't really make justice to them.

Another thing I'm working on this week: Dolls!!! Yeah!!! I've been wanting to start my dolly drive project forever. The time is now! I will need about 300 dolls by the end of May. This batch will be going to Liberia. I will blog about it and advertise it with the hope to get people involved and help. I'm so super excited about it!!!

That's it for today. I'm going to get ready to go to Amelie's French Bakery in NoDA with the family. We love that place!!!

Have a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment