Saturday, June 19, 2010

Meals for Haiti, Real Women Have Curves, Zumba and more!!!

Yesterday was a hectic, but productive day! The morning was for Dr.s appointment and for running errands. Part of the afternoon was dedicated Free My Starving Children to pack meals for Haiti. My husband and son came too. We, along with other volunteers, packed 178 boxed with 36 meals each in less than two hours. It was a great and very touching experience. Knowing that there are so many kids without a meal kills my heart. I'm so glad that we were able to be part of this project and I would love to keep doing it. If you would like to help too, check their website for more information about volunteering. If you are able to donate $, please do so. $17 provide meals for 100 children. That's .17 cents per meal!!!

After that event, I went to a zumba fundraising event to raise money to put up the play, "Real Women Have Curves" directed by Adyana de la Torre. It was a great event! The zumba instructors were awesome! The food was delicious! The crowd was super nice and humble. And, we got to see a sneak peak of the play. I can't wait to see the whole show! The show will start in July and is going to run for three weeks. You don't want to miss it!!!

BTW, I've been passing the word about my doll drive for the orphanages to everyone I run into. I still haven't put the whole thing together, but I will post more information here later on.

Have a wonderful day!!! I'm getting ready to go to another event today!

2 comments:

  1. Si que pasas ocupada Larissa! Eso es bueno! Qué satisfaccion se ha de sentir el trabajar para una buena causa como voluntaria.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ay Wendy, me encantaria poder hacer mas pero la verdad que el tiempo se me va de las manos. Yo siempre hago trabajo voluntario, pero esta es la primera vez como en cuatro años que pudimos hacerlo todos en familia. Usualmente siempre hay conflictos de horario o no aceptan niños tan pequeños. Entonces, John y yo nos turnamos. Afortunadamente, Gaby pudo participar en este.

    ReplyDelete