Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Too busy to blog...

When I decided to start a blog, I knew it was going to be hard to keep it up. Still, I wanted to give it try and I'm not giving up. Not yet. There is just so much to do and not enough time. I promise I'll do better once school starts.

My mom is visiting for a few weeks. I'm trying to keep her entertained so she won't get bored. She loves going to Goodwill stores. We made a couple of trips there this weekend. She's really good at finding treasures there. I've never had any luck. Maybe, I'm blind :). Well, believe it or not, I don't really like to go shopping. The only stores where you can find me is either at a yarn shop or a craft store. Since I can't afford to buy anything right now, I try to stay away from them.

I'm really excited because I might go back home (Dominican Republic) in a month. My niece, nephew and brother in-law are participating in The Miracle of Our Lady of Fatima, The Musical at "El Teatro National." This theatre is like our "Broadway" back home. Since they started rehearsing for the play, I told them that I was going to go and see them perform. I didn't know back then that I was going to be unemployed now. I was a little disappointed because the whole family is planning to go. And, as much as I love them, I know I can't afford to get into another debt. We just had some unexpected expenses this summer. So, I prepared myself mentally to stay here and conform myself with looking at pictures and watching a video later. Of course, it's not the same. Anyway, to make the long story short, my sister called me and said she was going to get me a ticket with her miles. I would only need to pay for the tax ($102). Ah! I forgot... I just found out that my passport expired last month. Bummer :( That's another $90. $75 for the passport and the rest for the pictures and shipping. I sent the application today. Hopefully, I'll get it on time. If not, too bad. I'm not going to sweat it. It'll be nice to go though. It will be a chance to see my grandmothers as well and the bunch of family and friends that I have there.

Another reason why I've been so busy is because I'm trying to open an Etsy shop. The more I read about it, the more I need to learn. Whenever I think I'm ready to launch the shop, something else comes up. I told my my husband I was going to start even if it's with one item and I'll learn the ropes as I go. Otherwise, it's never going to happen. Worst part so far: taking the pictures. No matter how and when I take them, they don't seem to capture the essence of the item. I'll keep trying...that's all I can do.

3 comments:

  1. Yo sé exactamente como se siente no tener suficiente tiempo para hacer las cosas que uno quiere hacer. Pero sigue adelante y ojala logres ir a tu pais!
    Yo ya tengo mi Etsy shop, pero no he podido vender nada. Yo creo que tengo que comprar algo primero para tener algun feedback pero así como está la economía pues no me es posible en estos momentos.
    Saludos desde Columbia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope you can make it to the Dominican Republic!
    Good luck with your Etsy shop :)

    ReplyDelete