Monday, September 28, 2009

My Grandmother Turns 96 and She is Full of Energy

I can't believe it's been a week already since I last posted. Time does fly :)

Well, tomorrow, October 2, my beautiful grandmother is turning 96 years young. Can you believe that? She has more energy than me :-) The last time I went to her birthday, she was 85. It was a huge party! Relatives from all over the world went. I couldn't make it to her 90's birthday either. But, I will not miss her 100th birthday for anything. We are all looking forward to celebrate that. My great grandmother (her mother) died when she was 105. I know my grandma still has many years to come. It's really a blessing to have her!

When I went to Dom. Rep. last month for a weekend, I was able to spend a few hours with her. We had a good laugh remembering how she used to send our dates (my sisters and I) away when we were in high school. We used to get so mad. Now, we just laugh about it.

Here are some of the pictures I took went I saw her recently.

Bad hair day, lol. I think she still looks beautiful!



I love this picture!!!


If you want to have a laugh. Take a look at her dancing. I told you she has a lot of energy.



This picture is in the roof of her house. She is trying to get some avocados from the tree.


I just couldn't help to take pictures of all the plants and trees she has in her front yard.

Here are some plantains.

Pomegranate













Sugar Cane- I had a big one and it was so sweet.
Avocados-The best avocados I ever tasted.

These are "limas" in spanish. I have no idea what's the name in english. I've never seen them here. They are a family of the grapefruit, lemons, etc...


Feliz CumpleaƱos, mama!!!! Happy Birthday, grandma!!!

4 comments:

  1. She looks fabulous! And boy, can she dance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's beautiful, I'll have to agree. The women in your family live long - what a great ancestry heritage. Loved seeing her dance. Now I know where your love of Zumba comes from. You are blessed to have her around. She has a super green thumb too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed this post and love the photos of you and your grandma together. I lost both grandma's in their 80's but had a great grandma that lived until she was 96. This post brought back some sweet grandma memories for me. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete