Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Progress on Amigurumi Doll

Here is the update on Sarita.

The body is finished.

I made three heads. I still can't decide which one to use. I hope you can help me decide.

Here is Sarita with the head #1. If you look at the picture the pattern, you notice that the head is twice the width of the body. In the pattern, it looks great! But when I see my tiny doll with that huge head it just doesn't look right to me.

So, I made head #2. Not as big as the other one, but still big. This one is my husbands favorite.

Finally, I made head #3 which seems to be more proportioned to her body. I know that one of the things that make amigurumis unique and cute is their disproportioned head and body. But I think I like my dolls to be a little bit more realistic.

What's do you think? Should I keep head #1, #2 or #3? Picture the head with the braided hair. It might help you with the decision :)

Anyway, I have to go and pick my mom at the airport. TTYL


Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. Hmmm...I think head #1 would make the doll look just like the one pictured in the pattern. It does look a little big, but I think once the hair is on and the head is attached, it will be really cute.

    Head #2 is most proportional for the body. Either one would work well. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would go with #2, just from what my gut finds aesthetically pleasing.
    Gorgeous dress by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I vote for head #2 - keeping in mind what true amigurumis should look like - some features are exaggerated and out of proportion like you said. She's so beautiful. Your attention to detail is remarkable. The blouse and skirt came out so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the comments! Head #2 is the winner! Making the hair is going to be my challenge...I still need to come up with a body for the other two heads :)

    ReplyDelete